However, there may come a time when you decide that you no longer need the program and have to uninstall it from your PC. We’re going to show you how on both platforms.
Uninstalling uTorrent from Windows
– Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and select open the Task Manager.
– Select all tasks related to uTorrent and click on ‘End Task’.
– Click the ‘Start icon at the bottom left of your desktop.
– Then click ‘All Apps’.
– Scroll through the list until you find uTorrent, click on it and then select ‘Uninstall’.
– Click ‘Start’, and then ‘Control Panel’, then click on ‘Appearances and Personalization’, next click on ‘Folder Explorer Options’ and finally on the ‘View’ tab.
– Beneath the ‘Advanced Settings’ window, check the ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders option and click ‘Ok’.
– Open the file explorer, and in the search bar, type ‘uTorrent’.
- Permanently delete any folders that come up related to uTorrent.
Uninstalling uTorrent from Mac
– Open the Utilities folder from the launchpad and click on ‘Activity Monitor’.
– Select ‘All Processes’ and scroll through the list.
– Select any processes associated with uTorrent and click on the ‘Quit Process’ icon in the left corner of the window.
– Drag the uTorrent application into the trash to uninstall the program.
– Open the Finder and then click on the ‘Go’ menu.
– In the drop-down list, click on ‘Go to Folder’.
– In the search window, type in ‘~/Library’.
– Search for any folders related to uTorrent and drag them into the trash.
- Right-click on the trash can and select ‘Empty Trash’.
Uninstall and Move On
As you can see, it is easy to uninstall uTorrent from your PC, but also remember to remove the remaining content and files to start fresh.