There is nothing more frustrating than opening a program and then facing an error, such as. uTorrent on Windows and Mac. Recently Windows users have reported an error that pops up when they open the program. This error will read ‘Connection error: An address incompatible with the request protocol was used. (10047)’. There are a few reasons that you may be experiencing this error, such as inconsistent network, bandwidth blocked by your antivirus or a third-party conflict.
How to Fix uTorrent Connection Error 10047
Method 1: Perform a Winsock Reset
- Press Windows key with R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in ‘cmd’ and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt.
- Type in the below command and press enter after each one:
- Close the command prompt dialog box and reset your router before trying uTorrent again.
Method 2: Whitelist uTorrent and Incoming Ports
This error may appear because your antivirus and firewall are blocking the incoming connections. A simple fix to this is whitelist uTorrent and incoming ports and connections in your antivirus and firewall. You will need to check the instructions on doing this with your provider as different providers have different ways of doing this.
Method 3: Uninstall Third-Party Culprit
Suppose your antivirus and firewall are the culprits causing this error, and you cannot whitelist uTorrent in these third-party programs. In that case, you may have to consider uninstalling the antivirus and firewall and using the built-in version of Windows Defender and Windows Firewall instead.
This is not the best option if you are using a paid-for antivirus program, so make sure that Method 2 isn’t available before choosing to uninstall your antivirus.
Method 4: Disabling IPv6 on Network Adapter
- Press Windows key with R to open the dialog box.
- Now type in ‘ncpa.cpl’ to open the Network Connections.
- Right-click on your network adapter and then click ‘Properties.
- Scroll through the list and uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6).’
- Click on “Ok’ to permanently save this option.
Don’t Let Errors Slow You Down
Try any of the above methods to resolve your Error 10047 when using uTorrent, and get back to downloading torrents in no time.